As if being single isn’t challenging enough… there’s nothing like a pandemic to reinforce that feeling of flying solo. It’s a tricky time to meet new partners in crime, although technology can certainly make it easier. In this COVID culture, 2-dimensional dates are happening every day.
As we have all been told, staying at home is the best way to stay healthy. With current technology, virtual dating has become a helpful tool for meeting a future soulmate, fast connection, or new friend.
Whether it’s via phone, laptop, or any other portable device where you can swipe on photos, text chat, or make phone or video calls — singles are mingling using dating apps. No worries about coronavirus transmission by phone or video.
Here are a list of some top dating apps to get you started:
- Match – coed connections (my top choice for dating apps)
- Zoosk – coed connections
- Tinder – coed connections
- Bumble – coed connections
- eHarmony – coed connections
- Plenty of Fish – coed connections (where my sister met her husband)
- HER – lesbian connections
- Zoe – lesbian connections
- Jdate – Jewish connections (where my Mom met her husband)
- ChristianMingle – Christian connections
As for the meeting in person, social distancing at 6 feet outdoors is recommended or mask up until further notice. Probably safest to avoid the traditional dating venues such as anything indoors with crowds, so here are a few ideas:
- outdoor patio at a restaurant
- park or beach outing / picnic – walk and BYOB (bring your own blanket or towel)
- ice cream stands
- backyard, deck or firepit cookout
So, put on a brave face, snap a selfie, download an app and happy swiping left or right!